Friday, September 21, 2012

And so it begins...

Hey y'all,

So I'm officially on the blogosphere. Which is kinda weird, considering I never thought I'd write a blog. Sure, I've always want to write one, deep down, somewhere, yet I never thought that I'd be the one to broadcast to the entire interwebz my thoughts and personal adventures. However, since I highly doubt much of the entire interwebz will be reading this blog, I guess I had no reason but to start one.

Basically I'm doing this for a few simple reasons. I will outline them below for you (in no particular order whatsoever):

1. PAGE HITZZZZ YALLL!!!!11!!1!!!

I struggle with pride at times, but I would have never started this if the only reason I did was to make myself feel special on the internet. I've tried to make myself feel special on the internet before (so if you see randomly placed internet jokes and memes and whatnot it is because of this--I win at the internet y'all). Since I'm sort of over myself at this point, I feel this won't get in the way of the next few points.

2. Family cooing.

My family loves me. A lot. Me with a blog? We're talking steak dinners when I come home. STEAK DINNERS PEOPLE. No more spaghetti for this guy.

3. My writing abilities.

I like to write. I'm not great at it yet, but I still like to do it. I've heard somewhere that blogging helps your writing. Pretty self-explanatory.

4. Catharsis.

I NEED TO GET OUT MY EMOTIONSSSSS PEOPLE!!!!!1!1!!

5. Jesus.

Really the only reason. College is awesome but Jesus is better. Walking with him has been the most adventurous, breath-taking, rewarding, and loving time of my life and I want to share it. If I can help someone else somewhere else in the world with their walk or even just promote discussion and community to deepen relationships with our Creator, than I've done 1000 times more than I set out to do with this blog. Jesus is glory, peeps.


So that's basically where I'm at. My vision for this blog is just to post stories about life on and off campus. You may relate to them, you may just enjoy reading them, or you may hate them and never visit again. Awesome! Either way I've gotten you to read one post. MUAHAHAHA.

My main goal is to tell how Jesus shows up in everyday life with each and every post without sounding preachy. My posts may be about sports, school, social life, church, campus, etc but at no way is this a devotional. I'll include bible verses and such but mostly I just want to talk about life and Jesus and everything else that comes along for the ride.

But the number one thing I want (besides for catharsis and writing improvement which are completely selfish desires) is interaction--so please comment on a post you read. It doesn't have to be long or introspective--it can merely be "Holy Moses this is terrible" or "LOLZ" but as long as I get the feedback I'm happy. I want to build a community here--let's learn from each other and spread the good news. There's a lot of it just sitting around anyways.

So thanks for reading, I truly appreciate the page hit. I would love you so much more (these things are scalar apparently) if you would subscribe by email or whatever other way you can subscribe (these things can be found on the sidebar...to your RIGHT people). Even if you never visit again, show some love. I'm trying.

Anyway, expect a post or two a week and ramblings at the end. I write four endings and instead of picking one I just put all of them there. Seriously, read the last four paragraphs. All could have ended this thing.

Much love!

-Tyler Cooney

P.S. It's all about the U!

P.P.S. FMOT or die. @tycoondog

6 comments:

  1. I love this. And you. You're welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're hunger and passion for the Lord is so sweet friend! Keep fighting the good fight for University of Miami! He needs you to be a light and a warrior for Him there :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to your walks! You have always had a way with words. XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do it big Cooney! I'm looking forward to future posts :)

    ReplyDelete